Where can I apply for a passport online appointment?

Please check the following links:

For Passport Appointment at the Embassy (Salwa Area), visit:

For Passport Appointment at the VFS Global Passport Renewal Center (Kuwait City), visit

Can I process my passport online?

No. We require all applicants to appear in person and to bring the originals and photocopies of the requirements as listed on our website.

What are the requirements for a passport?

Please click on the following link to view the requirements: Passport Requirements

Will the new passport be valid for 10 years?

Yes, except for minors who are below 18 years old at the time of application – their passports will be valid for only 5 years.

Do I need my Birth Certificate to apply for a passport?

If you are only renewing your passport with no changes in information on the passport, you do not need your Birth Certificate.

However, if you are applying for a passport for the first time, or replacing a lost passport, you need to present your original Apostille copy of Birth Certificate issued on Security Paper from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). PSA Birth Certificates may also be required as proof of filiation (i.e. proof of relationship of a child to his/her parents) for a minor passport applicant.

I am a recently married woman. How can I have my married name on my passport?

You may present your original Marriage Certificate issued on Security Paper from the PSA or original Report of Marriage filed at our Embassy.

I have a Birth/Marriage Certificate from the National Statistics Office (NSO), not the PSA. Can I still use this when I apply for a passport?


I acquired a foreign citizenship. Can I still apply for a Philippine passport?

You will have to apply for dual citizenship at the Embassy before you can be issued a Philippine passport again.

Can I renew my passport even if it is still valid for more than 6 months?

Yes. You may renew your passport anytime, even if it is expired.

I did not realize that my passport is valid for less than 6 months and will expire soon, but I have already booked my trip. Can the Embassy extend the validity of my passport?

Most airlines and immigration officials will require that your passport be valid for at least 6 months. We advise that you renew your passport before going on your trip.

I lost my passport. What can I do to replace it?

You will need to report your passport as lost at the nearest police station and secure a police report. You will also need to execute an Affidavit of Loss and present your Apostille copy of PSA Birth Certificate and Apostille copy of PSA Marriage Certificate if married when you apply for replacement of your passport.

Should I bring ID photos when I have my passport renewed?

No. We will take your photo at the Embassy.

How much is the fee for passport renewal?

Please click on the following link to view the fees for the different types of passport application: Schedule of Fees


How long will it take for me to receive my new passport?

Your passport will be available around 4 to 6 weeks (30 to 45 days) after the date you applied.

When can I claim my passport at the Embassy?

You may claim your passport between 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Sunday to Thursday except holidays. Please bring your receipt and old passport for cancellation.

How do I know that my new passport is available for release?

We will post your name on our website if your new passport is available for release. Please visit the following link on our website for the lists of passports for release, which we update regularly: Passport Ready for Release

Can someone else claim my new passport for me?

Yes, as long as he/she is an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse, or child of legal age) with a proper authorization letter. The passport of a minor applicant shall be released to parents only or to an authorized representative with Special Power of Attorney.

Can I still use my old passport while waiting for my new passport?

Yes, as long as the passport is still valid. You will only present your passport for cancellation when your new passport is available for release.

I have a valid visa for another country in my old passport. Will you return my old passport to me when I present it for cancellation?


I am traveling to the Philippines soon but my new passport is not available yet. Can I claim my new passport in the Philippines?

Yes. Please inform the Embassy where you wish to claim your new passport, and we will coordinate with the Consular Office of the DFA nearest you.


How do I know if I need a visa to visit the Philippines?

Please click on the following link: Visa Application

I want to make sure my visa is approved before I book my flight. Can I send tentative flight details for my visa application?


How long will it take for me to receive a visa?

Processing of visa applications takes ten (10) working days after the receipt of COMPLETE requirements, EXCEPT for visa-required nationals for whom prior authority from the Department of Foreign Affairs is required for issuance of visas. (Visa-required nationals are those who need a visa to visit the Philippines – please see no. 1.) There is also no fixed period for securing prior authority. In all cases, the Embassy offers no assurance that you will be granted a visa.

Someone from the Philippines is visiting me here in Kuwait. How can they get a visa?

Please ask the embassy or consulate of your country covering the Philippines. The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait is not involved in the issuance of visas to those wishing to visit the State of Kuwait

I want to stay in the Philippines more than the 30 visa-free days that I’m allowed. Should I get a visa from the Embassy?

You may do either of the following: (1) apply for a visa at our Embassy for a maximum 59-day stay, or (2) apply to extend your stay directly with the Bureau of Immigration while already in the Philippines and prior to the expiration of your 30 visa-free days (you need a departure ticket within 30 days of arrival to avail of visa-free entry). If you have a departure ticket after more than 30 days of arriving in the Philippines, you need to secure a visa before going to the Philippines.

My minor child is visiting the Philippines on his/her own. Does he/she need to present anything to Philippine immigration?

Under Section 29(a) (12) of the Commonwealth Act No. 613 or the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, for children below fifteen (15) years of age who are unaccompanied by or not joining a parent to be admitted into the Philippines, the applicant's parents must execute a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG), to be submitted at the port of entry. The requirements for WEG may be viewed here: Visa Requirements

A WEG is not needed for minors above 15 years old traveling alone.

How long is the validity of the tourist visa that you issue?

The Embassy issues single-entry visas valid for 3 months, and multiple-entry visas valid for 6 months or 1 year. For all visas, visitors are allowed a maximum 59 days per stay (meaning if you have a multiple-entry visa, you will need to exit the and re-enter Philippines after 59 days in the country).

I am a former Filipino and have acquired a foreign citizenship. Can I still travel to the Philippines without a visa?

Under the Balikbayan Program, former Filipinos are granted visa-free entry into the Philippines for a period of one (1) year, with the exception of visa-required nationals. The privilege is extended to the former Filipino’s spouse and children, provided they are traveling together with the former Filipino to the Philippines.


Does the Embassy notarize documents?

The Embassy provides notarial services in various forms. The Embassy can provide an acknowledgement, wherein a consular official witnesses the signing of an instrument such as contracts, authorizations, and Special Powers of Attorney (SPA) for use in the Philippines.

For all notarial services, please submit a copy of your valid passport along with the document to be acknowledged.

I am a Filipino and I want to execute a Special Power of Attorney. How do I do this?

Please download and fill out the form for Special Power of Attorney (SPA). You will need to appear personally at the Embassy and sign the SPA in front of a consular officer. Kindly bring a photocopy of the document and copy of your valid Philippine passport. The Embassy will then acknowledge (“red-ribbon”) SPA.

I have a foreign document that I need authenticated by the Philippine Embassy, because I will use it in the Philippines. Do you do this?

Yes. You can come to the Philippine Embasy from Sunday to Thursday, 08:00 AM to 12:00 NN, except holidays.

Can I send my document to be authenticated to the Embassy by mail?

For documents to be acknowledged by the Embassy such as Special Power of Attorney (SPA), personal appearance before a consular officer at the Embassy is required.


Who needs to file a Report of Marriage/Birth?

If you were married or had a child abroad and would like to have a record of your marriage or birth of your child with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), then you may file a Report of Marriage/Birth. For Filipina women who got married abroad, a Report of Marriage is required to use the surname of your husband on your Philippine passport.

Kindly note that foreign authorities do not automatically forward marriage and birth records to our Embassy or to the PSA.

Where can I file a Report of Marriage/Birth?

A Report of Marriage/Birth must be filed at a Philippine Embassy or Consulate covering the country where you got married/had your child. Our Embassy processes Reports of Marriage of those married/born in the State of Kuwait. You can come to the Philippine Embasy from Sunday to Thursday, 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM, except holidays.

What are the requirements for a Report of Marriage/Birth?

Please click on the following links to view the requirements for a Report of Marriage/Birth:

Report of Birth

Report of Marriage

My foreign marriage/birth certificate is not in English. Do I need to have it translated?

Yes. Kindly have the document translated into English and have the translation notarized, before having Apostillized by the appropriate authority of the country where you got married.

I am annulled/divorced from a previous spouse. May I file a Report of Marriage for my marriage to my present spouse?

If annulled, your annulment must first be annotated onto your previous PSA Marriage Certificate. If divorced in a foreign country, you must first file for judicial recognition of your foreign divorce in a Philippine court, then have the divorce annotated onto your previous PSA Marriage Certificate. You may then file a Report of Marriage for your present marriage after annotation of your annulment/divorce from your previous marriage.

Will you return my original foreign marriage/birth certificate that I submit?

Yes. You will receive it together with a copy of your Report of Marriage/Birth.

Can I still file my Report of Marriage/Birth even if I got married more than a year ago?

Yes. You will need to execute an Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Marriage/Birth along with the other requirements for Report of Marriage/Birth.

How much is the fee for Report of Marriage/Birth?

Please click on the following link to view the fees for the different types of passport application: Schedule of Fees. Kindly note that if executing any related affidavits, the fees for affidavits are separate from that for the Report of Marriage/Birth.

How do I get a PSA-certified copy of my Report of Marriage/Birth?

You may request a copy directly from the PSA in the Philippines 3 to 6 months after filing the Report of Marriage/Birth. Please visit the website of the PSA for more information:

Can I use the copy of my Report of Marriage/Birth from the Embassy to apply for a Philippine passport, or do I need my Marriage/Birth Certificate from the PSA?

Yes, you may use the personal copy of your Report of Marriage/Birth for your passport application (for changing surname to husband's surname or for new passports) at our Embassy if the Report of Marriage/Birth was also filed at our Embassy and it was filed within one year before the passport application.

Do you accept credit card payments?

No. We accept only cash payments in Kuwait Dinar.


What is Overseas Voting?

Overseas voting is the process by which qualified citizens of the Philippines abroad exercise their right to vote.

Can I Vote here in Kuwait during the Elections?

Yes, if you are an Active registered Filipino Overseas Voter in Kuwait.

When is the period for Overseas Voting?

Overseas Voting will take place on 2025.

How do I know if I am a registered Overseas Voter?

You are registered if your name appears in the Certified List of Overseas Voters (CLOV) for Kuwait, which may be found on COMELEC’s website. You may also call the Philippine Embassy to check if your name is on the list

I was able to vote manage to vote in the 2013 elections, How come my Name is not in the CLOV?

If you failed to vote in the last two (2) elections, your voter’s records will be deactivated and your name removed from the CLOV. You may apply to reactivate your records in the next registration period.

What if I am a registered voter but have to change to other Foreign Citizenship, can I still Vote?

If you have already given up your Philippine citizenship, you are no longer eligible to vote in the Elections.

I married and change my last name, it is now different from what appears in CLOV, can I still vote?

As long as you are one and the same person and can prove it if required, you may still vote. However, once the registration period reopens, please apply to change your details so we can update your voter’s records.